Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Tomorrow...

It is now the eve of my departure. My bags are packed and I think I have everything I'll be needing for the next year. Although the goodbyes are difficult, I am truly excited for the adventure on which I am about to embark. I will be flying to Chicago tomorrow morning for a week-long orientation with 49 other young adults who are preparing to serve around the world. Next Wednesday, I will be departing with the 9 others that will be serving in South Africa for the next year. Our route takes us from Chicago to Frankfurt, Germany and then on to Johannesburg, putting us there in the morning on August 28th. I will do my best to keep everyone updated on this blog. I love you all. 

4 comments:

  1. Good luck on the way over! Have a safe flight and be safe while you're there. I'm so proud of you Mike and only wish you the best. Congrats!!! Have fun and I can't wait to read the next post. Again be safe and good luck! Johannesburg is supposed to be pretty amazing so I'm really exicted for you. Lol!

    Hope to talk to ya soon!

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited to hear about what happens to you over there! Blessings!

    PS Beware of blot clots on that long flight! Make sure to stretch those appendages!

    PPS I just got 'Stop Making Sense' the other day on 12". I'm pretty happy with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is Lou.

    "Michael Ray in South Africa" sounds like supersutar! I like it! Heheh.
    Have a safe flight and be careful.
    Everything is going to be fine with you! And I'm proud to say that I'm one of your friends.
    Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome blog! Now I can get my Michael fix. Be sure to post photos sometime!

    ReplyDelete