Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Here we go

Ok just a quick update. We're off to the airport in less than an hour. I can hardly believe that I am leaving the United States tonight. Orientation was an amazing experience. I will write more about the past week when I get more time. We will be arriving in Johannesburg on Friday morning, where we will be greeted by our country coordinators. We will then spend about two weeks together as a group in Johannesburg and Pietermaritzburg learning about the culture, transportation, safety, and such. Then it is off to our individual sites, mine being in Soweto. I am both nervous and excited. This week has given my faith and self-confidence a much needed boost. This is really happening. I am leaving for South Africa tonight. 

4 comments:

  1. Good Luck Michael, we will be following your trip and keeping you in our thoughts and prayers. Sounds like it will be a great experience for you! Tom And Adele Andrews.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike, we are looking forward to hearing about your amazing experiences. Hope the transition and training goes well!!!!Bob, Beth, Dani and Delaney

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya Mike! It's Delaney! Hope you are having fun!!! I'm soooooo excited to be able to follow your trip! We love you! And although we'll miss you... we are so happy for you to have this experience! Can't wait to hear from you soon!

    <3-Delaney

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Luck, Michael! You must be having fun at South Africa by now. Is it hot there? It's finally cool and breezy in Tokyo now.
    Matthew and I miss you!
    I'm grad that we can follow your trip with this blog.
    Tell us If you find delicious foods! (And I hope they are not oily!)
    Take care.

    Lou.

    ReplyDelete